The Moisés Chiullan power hour concludes as Andrew and Moisés go in-depth on horse riding, region licensing for video content, podcasts as audio documentaries, and the strange things creative children do.
Part 2 of 2
Part 1 of 2
Zac and Andrew are joined by the delightful Shawn Blanc to discuss Dropbox’s recent announcements, a winding journey into blogging and writing, and just how does one learn to start a business?
Also, the bar is 1 year old!
Zac and Andrew finally return to the bar (at the same time) to catch up on the last 6 weeks, discuss podcast sponsorships, not being racist on Twitter, and do a deep dirty dive into Numerical’s first month of downloads.
You can download an XLS of Numerical's sales data here.
*Andrew drank a Southern Comfort + coke
*Zac drank coke
- Andrew drank a Brandy + Fanta
- Sean drank a Carrot + Mango blend
Topics, Quotes, Links + Timestamps:
- [ 00:00:00 ] Americans have the worst accents.
- [ 00:02:35 ] Andrew is making an iOS version of Car, Plane or Boat. For reference: Bionic.
- [ 00:04:35 ] Casey is pissed off. Why can't ATP have fan-apps!?
- "You know how many fuck'n iOS apps we have!? NONE." - Casey
- [ 00:05:15 ] Coming on February 13th: Numerical.
- "No. No. Don't even start with me. I'm so angry with you right now. I AM! We could talk about this on the show because I'm so fired up about Mr. "Oh I'm learning to develop" and writes this fucking beautiful iOS app. GOD, I'm so pissed off at you right now." - Casey
- [ 00:12:25 ] Big topics: iPad Pro, Mac Pro, LEDs, Fish
- "You got the wrong host from ATP my friend. I'm gonna hang this shit up right now cuz this is ridiculous." - Casey
- [ 00:13:00 ] Australians live in the future.
- [ 00:15:25 ] "I don't know. I'd Google Maps it, but my keyboard is about 7000 decibels of clickiness." - James
- [00:17:40 ] Andrew does an Anze Tomic impression. Hear Casey on Anze's show, Storming Mortal.
- [00:19:10 ] What were Casey and James like as children? How do we reconcile Internet personality / life with our real personalities / real life?
- "Casey, you might be the nicest guy I think I've ever met." - Andrew
- "That is extremely flattering of you to say, but you're full of shit." - Casey
- [00:27:50 ] Cultural differences. Voting in Australia VS. US
- "So, Casey if we're talking about cultural differences - that I had to do today - I had to vote!" - James
- "Americans are the most apathetic, lazy people in the world." - Casey
- "I feel like Australians are the Americans of the British Empire." - Casey
- [ 00:31:15 ] "Ah let's not get started on the Fahrenheit [VS] Celsius thing. " - James
- "Except to say that Celsius is superior in every possible way." - James
- "Except to say that you are WRONG in every possible way." - Casey
- [ 00:34:00 ] Casey's App, FastText for iOS7. Casey's Home Screen: New FastText Icon Revealed.
- [ 00:39:28 ] How did Casey get into podcasting? The ATP origin story. Neutral.
- [ 00:45:25 ] How did James get into podcasting?
- [ 00:51:55 ] Personal Braaaaaand. How much do we feel what we put out on the internet is representative of us VS. a softened or filtered version of yourself?
- Casey's favorite ATP episode: Extended after-show on Dealing With Internet Criticism
- [ 01:00:19 ] "Quick what are you drinking, I'll splice this in 45 minutes ago" - Andrew
- [ 01:06:24 ] One last topic:
- "So, Programming. That's a thing I haven't done much of for the last ten years." - Andrew
- "I'm so angry. So angry right now." - Casey
- Andrew talks through how Numerical came about.
- "With Casey Liss's anger at my side, I feel like anything is possible." - Andrew
- [ 01:16:30 ] James' recent project: Bootstrap Cheat Sheets
This week we discuss The Internet Of All The Things. By taking a look at some of the connected devices that already exist, we try to understand where this market is and how that might inform where it is headed. Are we talking about wearables, connected appliances, or are these really pieces of the same puzzle?
- Andrew drank Coke & Strawberry Liquor
- Zac drank Coke
Links + Timestamps:
We are joined by Bradley Chambers to discuss keeping your resume updated, diversifying your income, being ready for change, networking with others and becoming a part of the conversation.
- Zac drank Coke
- Andrew drank Pangalactic Gargle Blaster
- Bradley drank Hawaiian Coffee
We talk to Anze Tomic about his podcast network, his english show – Storming Mortal, why Anze prefers Android, and we have a passionate discussion about issues that surround being a part of the Google ecosystem.
- Zac drank Water
- Andrew drank Razzle Spazz
- Anze drank Water w/ unidentified fizzy tablet
We discuss Zac launching Whole & Part, Andrew's appearance on Pulling the String, the trauma of creativity, getting lost in home screen management, tutorial screen implementation, & negotiating piracy.
- Zac drank Water
- Andrew drank Water + Ate Chocolate Cocktails
Merry Christmas patrons! In this very special video episode, Zac gets an xmas present, Windows Phone bait and switch, Ben Brooks' assassination of tech podcasts, and answer some patron questions about the bar in 2013 and beyond. Also santa hats.
(Note to podcast app users: We only included the audio version in our feed as we didn't want to overload anyone. If you'd like to see the video version, please go here. Thanks!)
- Andrew drank a Grinch
- Zac drank a Coke
Music in this episode has been provided by Incompetech.
- Zac drank Blaine Water
- Andrew drank a July Passion (shaken, not stirred)
- Matt had half a bottle of wine and a Revolver Blood & Honey
We ponder if Microsoft made the wrong bet, Apple's PrimeSense aquisition, motion as a primary input method, the interrelation between Business and Product, and was Everpix just the wrong product?
Andrew also talks about #gojgo at the very end, and we urge you to support Stephen Hackett & his son’s hospital. Stephen has been a great friend of the bar and we feel this is an important thing to get behind. Give a little or give a lot, but be a hero.
Become a hero: http://512pixels.net/2013/11/become-a-hero/
- Zac drank Water
- Andrew drank Butterscotch + Rum + Energy Drink?!
In this special 60 minute visit friend-of-the-bar Harry Marks stops by to discuss thanksgiving plans, MFi controllers, learning to program, and how price is part of product. Also podcast duration.
You can buy Harry's "Nerds Ruin Everything" shirt at T-Spring for the next 2 days at http://teespring.com/curiousratM
- Harry drank a Flying Fish Belgian Abbey Dubbel
- AJC drank a Southern Comfort and Coke
- Zac drank… uh… hm...